I am fascinated by an event I've never been to. I discovered it on-line several years ago and it's called... BURNING MAN!
At the end of August every year thousands of people journey to the desert outside Reno to have this incredible festival in a temporary city called Black Rock City. It is a week full of music, costumes, artwork, strange cars, and dust storms. And it culminates with a giant wooden figure (called The Man) being burned on Saturday night. Click here to go to a photo album of The Man.
What is it that attracts me? The freedom to be creative! So, in my new studio space, that's what I'm doing. Creating a space that is inspired (at least in part) by Burning Man.
You can find out more about Burning Man by clicking here.
Click here to go to Current TV which has lots of videos that tell a lot about Burning Man.
"Tell me what you pay attention to and I will tell you who you are."
- Jose Ortega y Gasset
- Jose Ortega y Gasset
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Go you must
No guest
Shall stay long
In one place forever
Love will be lost
If you sit too long
At a friend’s fire.
Viking scripture quoted at the end of the broadcast of the 1994 Winter Olympics.
No comments:
Post a Comment