What a great way to start the day. I stopped off at McDonald's on my way to a farmer's market. My intention with the farmer's market was to take lots of photographs. Anyway, I stopped at McDonald's for a breakfast sandwich. This particular McDonald's is in a artsy part of town and was unique with a grand piano in the dining room. Yup... McDonald's with a piano.
Well, as I was eating, my phone rang. It was my partner who was out of town at a retreat that I've mentioned before... a gay men's retreat that I usually go to but this year, it just doesn't feel safe for me (click here for my last post about it). It was a nice little phone visit with him while he relaxes by the pool and enjoys company of friends he sees once a year at this retreat. A little surprising because it was so early in the morning.
So, after I hang up... someone started playing the piano at McDonald's. The first song... "Over the Rainbow." I grinned cuz it was so appropriate. The Wizard of Oz has a strong appeal for many in the LGBT community (LGBT - lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender). I wasn't going to the gay men's retreat, but to hear that song... wonderful.
It was also neat to see a father leaving with two young toddlers. The boy was standing by the piano player mesmerized (by the music or the piano player or both). And when his father called him, he walked backwards, not taking his eyes off the piano player. He was so entranced, he almost back walked into a table which was like a foot higher than he was.
All in all... a great start to my outing to the Farmer's Market. Which was fun too, I got lots of great photos, and the challenge was not taking the photos. The challenge was quickly taking the photos because of the crowds. I didn't want to get in the shoppers' way. I'll be posting photos soon on Jeffrey's Gallery.
"Tell me what you pay attention to and I will tell you who you are."
- Jose Ortega y Gasset
- Jose Ortega y Gasset
Saturday, August 2, 2008
Go you must
No guest
Shall stay long
In one place forever
Love will be lost
If you sit too long
At a friend’s fire.
Viking scripture quoted at the end of the broadcast of the 1994 Winter Olympics.
No comments:
Post a Comment