Tomorrow is the inauguration of Barack Obama as the 44th President. Change was part of his campaign. Change is what is happening. A change from one generation of leadership to another. I watch the news channels... virtually all of them are in Washington DC tonight. And over and over I see such hopeful excitement. So different from 8 years ago. A change for sure.
I don't think I've ever wanted to watch an inauguration. Until now. I voted for this president. I'm proud to do so. And I'll be honest... I'm a fan boy. I wish for the opportunity to shake his hand and heck... have a conversation with him. And I've never wanted to meet a president before. I want to photograph him.
Change is happening. NOt just in politics... not just in the down turns of the economy... not just in the environment... change is happening in the spirits of people. The hope of people is changing.
It's exciting.
It's inspiring.
It's uplifting.
It's empowering.
It's transformational.
"Tell me what you pay attention to and I will tell you who you are."
- Jose Ortega y Gasset
- Jose Ortega y Gasset
Monday, January 19, 2009
Go you must
No guest
Shall stay long
In one place forever
Love will be lost
If you sit too long
At a friend’s fire.
Viking scripture quoted at the end of the broadcast of the 1994 Winter Olympics.
No comments:
Post a Comment