"It is as if stories bond people together and allow each individual to better comprehend what their place is in the world, and how their place holds everything else together."

- Malidoma Patrice Some



"Tell me what you pay attention to and I will tell you who you are."
- Jose Ortega y Gasset


Sunday, March 15, 2009

Spring Fever

It's the ides of March... Beware, so they say...

I have been feeling cooped up and penned in. The truck has been at the mechanic's all last week. It's on it's last legs. But it is like 16 years old or so. And so, aside from walks around the neighborhood, I haven't gone anywhere for several days.

Until today and some wonderful 60 degree sunny weather... perfect for grabbing the camera and going on a walkabout downtown. So I did. Got some great shots. I'll be posting them eventually on Jeffrey's Gallery.

When I'm out with the camera... photographing stuff I see... it's like all my problems just fall off to the side and I forget about everything. Except the occasional calling of nature... luckily, the mall's food court has restrooms. And... there's an Auntie Anne's Pretzel Shop near the restroom too. That was a nice snack.

Spring fever. I got it bad.

No comments:





Go you must
No guest
Shall stay long
In one place forever
Love will be lost
If you sit too long
At a friend’s fire.

Viking scripture quoted at the end of the broadcast of the 1994 Winter Olympics.