"It is as if stories bond people together and allow each individual to better comprehend what their place is in the world, and how their place holds everything else together."

- Malidoma Patrice Some



"Tell me what you pay attention to and I will tell you who you are."
- Jose Ortega y Gasset


Sunday, July 13, 2008

Challenge of letting go

I am finding it really challenging to stay in the place of "letting go". A few weeks ago, I wrote about letting go of my connection to a weekend event for gay men that I've attended for several years (Click here to read "Letting Go").

I keep finding myself wishing I hadn't decided to let go of it. I wrote at the end if the universe wants me to go, it would find a way... so I find myself hoping that will happen. And then I get angry because having hope to go is not letting go of it.

I've even thought that if twenty men who are going - would tell me they know or believe that I am not the trouble maker who caused last year's problems... then I'd feel safe to go. Followed by anger because I actually think it's too much to ask for 20 men to support me. And then I change the number to fifteen or a dozen or ten or five. I know of five for sure... but 20 is stretching it.

Universe, please help me let go... the sooner the better. Alternately, Universe, if you do want me to go... I'm open to that possibility too. It's in your hands, Universe. I know if I try to force it in any direction, it will be a big mess.

No comments:





Go you must
No guest
Shall stay long
In one place forever
Love will be lost
If you sit too long
At a friend’s fire.

Viking scripture quoted at the end of the broadcast of the 1994 Winter Olympics.