"It is as if stories bond people together and allow each individual to better comprehend what their place is in the world, and how their place holds everything else together."

- Malidoma Patrice Some



"Tell me what you pay attention to and I will tell you who you are."
- Jose Ortega y Gasset


Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A wish for more friends like these

I wish I had more friends with integrity about friendship. I want more than the words... "I'm your friend". I want more friends whose actions of friendship match their words/expressions.
I want more friends who have patience. Compassion. Understanding. Acceptance. And who are willing to give me support when I need it. And friends who understand that when they do something with intention of one thing... and it has a bad impact.... that impact is real to me... and their actions contributed. I want friends who don't disappear after something like that. And don't blame me when their actions have a bad impact.

I wish I had more friends like that. Last year at this time, I thought I did. But I was wrong. So from now on, I'm going to be more cautious with people and seek out those who match the friends I want more of in my life.

No comments:





Go you must
No guest
Shall stay long
In one place forever
Love will be lost
If you sit too long
At a friend’s fire.

Viking scripture quoted at the end of the broadcast of the 1994 Winter Olympics.