I love coffee shops and comic books. "Sun Dollars" is the leading chain of coffee shops in the fictional universe of Superman and other characters of DC Comics (Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman and many more).
My favorite all-time comic book characters are the Legion of Super-Heroes. They are celebrating their 50th birthday... debuting in 1958 in Adventure Comics #247 in a Superboy story. They also have a Saturday morning cartoon which is something I've been wishing would happen for 30 years.
My love of coffee shops began about 10 years ago when I lived in Milwaukee near Brady Street with its wonderful non-chain coffee houses. Starbucks and other chains are okay in a pinch, but I really love the one-of-a-kind types. I'm on the lookout for a new "favorite" after my last favorite closed its doors last summer.
"Tell me what you pay attention to and I will tell you who you are."
- Jose Ortega y Gasset
- Jose Ortega y Gasset
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Go you must
No guest
Shall stay long
In one place forever
Love will be lost
If you sit too long
At a friend’s fire.
Viking scripture quoted at the end of the broadcast of the 1994 Winter Olympics.
No comments:
Post a Comment