"It is as if stories bond people together and allow each individual to better comprehend what their place is in the world, and how their place holds everything else together."

- Malidoma Patrice Some



"Tell me what you pay attention to and I will tell you who you are."
- Jose Ortega y Gasset


Friday, April 18, 2008

Earthquakes and Robins' nests

So, there was 5.2 earthquake near the border of Illinois and Indiana around 5:30 this morning. It was felt in Chicago, Indianapolis, Louisville, Milwaukee, St. Louis, even some where in Alabama.

I live in Indianapolis.

Did I feel the earth move this morning around 5:30? Well, I was awake and I did feel the bed moved. I thought it was David was getting out of bed or rolling over. But it was odd since the blankets weren't moving, just the bed.

So maybe it wasn't David moving. Maybe it was the bed, and the house, and the state, and the ground, and the planet.

------------------

Well, the new carport (we've been renovating since September)... the new carport is being blessed with the nesting of robins. A robins' nest has suddenly appeared in the rafters of the carport.

Last year we had a robins nest on the front of the house off the gutters-down-drain-thing. We could seem them every day from the front porch. Two robins had two baby birds who seemed to eat ALL the time. The family of birds were gone by the end of May.

So, once again we will see this wonderful cycle of bird life. Every time we go out to get in the car.

Oh... and I need to find a place to hang the hummingbird feeder. That was such a neat thing to hang on the front porch. All summer we had hummingbirds. They are so cool.

No comments:





Go you must
No guest
Shall stay long
In one place forever
Love will be lost
If you sit too long
At a friend’s fire.

Viking scripture quoted at the end of the broadcast of the 1994 Winter Olympics.