"It is as if stories bond people together and allow each individual to better comprehend what their place is in the world, and how their place holds everything else together."

- Malidoma Patrice Some



"Tell me what you pay attention to and I will tell you who you are."
- Jose Ortega y Gasset


Saturday, April 12, 2008

Kokopelli


I've long been drawn to imagery of Kokopelli, a mythical trickster deity. Yet strangely, I don't think I've ever owned any objects with Kokopelli depicted. Though I had a few image files downloaded ages ago. Like this one above from an unknown website.

Until yesterday. I now possess a 2 inch stone with Kokopelli carved into it. Now Kokopelli can go with me in my pocket anywhere.

I went downtown with my partner, David. David had a meeting and while he did his thing... I went browsing in OutWord Bound , Indianapolis's gay and lesbian bookstore. Just before I left, I passed a display of stones with various symbols and Kokopelli caught my eye.

Synchronicity.

No comments:





Go you must
No guest
Shall stay long
In one place forever
Love will be lost
If you sit too long
At a friend’s fire.

Viking scripture quoted at the end of the broadcast of the 1994 Winter Olympics.