"It is as if stories bond people together and allow each individual to better comprehend what their place is in the world, and how their place holds everything else together."

- Malidoma Patrice Some



"Tell me what you pay attention to and I will tell you who you are."
- Jose Ortega y Gasset


Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I'm gay and I vote


Indiana has their primaries today.

I don't usually engage in political discussion (ditto for sports & religion). This is an exciting election year. A black man, and a woman contending for the Democratic nomination and their opponent... a former P.O.W. of the Vietnam war.

I think I know who I'm voting for - Barack Obama. I'm open to change... I'll be honest... Hillary has my support too. I won't be disappointed either way.

It's also exciting for me cuz Barack Obama is only 4 years older than me. So he's from my generation. An odd sign of getting older, but not unwelcome.

No comments:





Go you must
No guest
Shall stay long
In one place forever
Love will be lost
If you sit too long
At a friend’s fire.

Viking scripture quoted at the end of the broadcast of the 1994 Winter Olympics.