I've been getting great and positive feedback on my photography.
One friend said he was impressed and I have a definite talent. Another friend said the photos were artistic, and I gave the subjects real character, and I brought life to mundane subjects. And other friends thought my photos of the flowers were beautiful.
Lots of self-help books state that what others say to you is not as important as what you say to yourself. Hence, when someone says something bad about you... you shouldn't let it bother you.
Thing is... what people say... does have an impact. Maybe it is uplifting and feelings of satisfaction, love, or joy occur. Maybe the impact is to feel anger or sad or negative about yourself. Maybe it spurs you to act... such as avoiding an offensive talker. Or maybe it motivates you to increase your positive self-talk. Whatever the impact, there IS an impact from what people say. It's a part of the eco-system you are in and impact of others actions is unavoidable in some manner.
Think of it this way, a lion growling in the bush has an impact on the zebra who hears it. Likely, the zebra runs, the lion chases, the zebra might get away or the lion might have a full stomach. Definitely, if the zebra engages in positive self-talk instead of reacting to the growl... then the lion will be engaging in a feast with self-talk like... YUMMY.
And today, the positive feedback on my photography is validating and uplifting. Definitely boosting my self-esteem.
I'm very grateful for the praise. I'm very grateful for my own decision to use this blog to share my art.
Definitely... will share more.
"Tell me what you pay attention to and I will tell you who you are."
- Jose Ortega y Gasset
- Jose Ortega y Gasset
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Go you must
No guest
Shall stay long
In one place forever
Love will be lost
If you sit too long
At a friend’s fire.
Viking scripture quoted at the end of the broadcast of the 1994 Winter Olympics.
No comments:
Post a Comment