"It is as if stories bond people together and allow each individual to better comprehend what their place is in the world, and how their place holds everything else together."

- Malidoma Patrice Some



"Tell me what you pay attention to and I will tell you who you are."
- Jose Ortega y Gasset


Sunday, May 18, 2008

Update Palooza

The fiftieth post is over and done. So, it's time for an update on prior posts. Previous update can be found clicking here.

CHATTY JEFFREY
So, my partner and I went out to dinner with a friend recently. And I realized something... I talk more than I used too. I'm taking that as a sign that my self-esteem is rising.

DO I FEEL HEARD?
During dinner, I found out part of the situation I vented about back here... has had a development. Although it's nice that my viewpoint was finally heard... and acted on... I didn't do the 'talking'. So, the disrespectful way I was treated at that meeting still stands as disrespectful. I was not heard. Fine.

FOR RENT: EMPTY NEST
Wow. That was fast. The hatchlings and parents have left the nest. My partner discovered an empty nest today. I was hoping to get more pictures. Now we have two empty robin nests. Perhaps this is a start of a new collection.

WANTED: PROJECT MANAGER
The remodeling... continues - finally having passed inspection. Plumber has been working... And the floor and tile guy is coming to do some prep work... the main contractor however has had phone contact, but no work done in about 11 days (prior to that he maybe came once a week for half a day). I just feel he is not managing this project as well as he could be. Heck, he's not even managing it. He should have attended the meeting with the floor guy to know exactly what is needed to be done for additional framing. My partner has decided to postpone building a deck. Hopefully, that means we'll get a different contractor to build it.

HEALTHIER SINUSES
My sinuses are less and less a problem... exception being the days we have 20-30 degree temperature changes... like 45 in the morning and 75 in the afternoon. I really do attribute the change in sinus problems to the breathing strips I put on my nose at night.

MORE OUT OF BOX MOMENTS
I'm continuing to explore digital photography. Last weekend I went downtown and took a bunch of photos around monument circle (Indianapolis). I posted one photo already, more to come. I plan on doing that more often. Get out of the box of my home again.

No comments:





Go you must
No guest
Shall stay long
In one place forever
Love will be lost
If you sit too long
At a friend’s fire.

Viking scripture quoted at the end of the broadcast of the 1994 Winter Olympics.