Like the song goes...
R E S P E C T
Find out what it means to me.
So, what does "respect" mean to me?
It means I'm worthy of being treated like an equal.
It means I'm treated as important as I'm told I am.
It means acceptance of how I do something different than the way someone else does it. Not tolerance. Acceptance. My way is just as valid as someone else's.
It means I'm valued enough to pay attention to. Perfect memory of my life details is not necessary, but if I ask for something... pay attention to what I want - especially if you want to give it to me.
It means allowing me to make my own decisions and solve my own challenges.
It means walk the talk. Don't say I'm your equal or you respect me if your actions don't match your words.
It means if you are truly worried about offending me, then don't get mad if I tell you I am offended.
It means keeping your word.
Hey universe, I'd really like to have my life full of people who can show respect like this. Some people might say I have enough people like that... I want more... I need more... Everyone should have more than enough people who respect them like that.
"Tell me what you pay attention to and I will tell you who you are."
- Jose Ortega y Gasset
- Jose Ortega y Gasset
Go you must
No guest
Shall stay long
In one place forever
Love will be lost
If you sit too long
At a friend’s fire.
Viking scripture quoted at the end of the broadcast of the 1994 Winter Olympics.
No comments:
Post a Comment